I reserve this one for days when I need an extra boost. ;-)
- Quality instant coffee: dark roast premium instant coffee, made with 100% Arabica coffee beans from Ethiopia.
- Advanced technology: real coffee beans without additives that were perfectly freeze-dried to preserve the aroma and flavor.
- Delicious flavor: full-bodied with a smoky finish and hints of caramel. Enjoy at home, office or on-the-go. No sugar or sweeteners are added.
- On your terms: make one cup at a time anytime and anywhere. Just add water, stir and enjoy. Each box includes 8 - 0.1 oz single-serve packets to make 8-10 fl oz cups of coffee. Great for camping trips, busy mornings, office coffee and much more.
- Sustainably packaged in the U.S.: this box and the packets within are made with post-consumer recycled content. Our recyclable outer box is made with certified sustainably sourced paper with a compact design for a smaller carbon footprint.
Pour coffee from packet into a cup. Add 8-10 fl oz of water, stir and enjoy. Adjust the amount of water to make your coffee stronger or weaker based on your preferences. Add milk and sugar to liking. Visit our How to Brew page to learn more.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Q: What is the caffeine content of Waka products?
- Light roast (Ethiopian): approximately 70 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 30 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Medium roast (Colombian, Papua New Guinean, flavored): approximately 60 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 25 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Dark roast (Ethiopian): approximately 80 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 35 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Decaf (Colombian): approximately 4 mg of caffeine per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 1.5 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Green instant tea (flavored and unflavored): approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Black instant tea: approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Japanese matcha: approximately 40 mg per 1/2 tsp of unsifted matcha powder (1.26 grams).
Q: When does Waka instant coffee or tea expire?
When sealed (in our bags or other sealed containers) and stored at room temperature and in dry conditions, our coffees can last up to two years, our teas up to three years, and our matcha up to a year. All of our products are marked with the exact "best by" date based on their packaging date.
For more frequently asked questions, click here.
Wake up coffee
The taste is good and is a good way to wake up.
Not bad...but not as good as VIA from Starbucks (sorry....)
Ok its instant coffee and in no way should it be compared to brew coffee. I followed the instructions to a letter to add 8-10 oz hot water and it tasted weak and thin. I tried using 6 and it was much better but I am so sorry I don't think it is as good as the VIA from Starbucks. It still just tasted a bit off - very instant freeze dried. I'll keep it because I will use it on the boat and camping but I don't think I'll purchase again. That being said its WAY BETTER than any other instant and if you don't like VIA you might really like this.
This is not the instant coffee of earlier years! It is delicious, and I love the dark roast! The single serve packaging is great for traveling where you can never be sure of the quality of coffe being offered.