It's time to take your whipped coffee creation to the next level with this Dalgona cheesecake in a cup recipe.
This original recipe was developed by Duaa Ali from @mamainthekitchen1990 for Waka Coffee.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona Coffee, 달고나커피 in Korean, is a whipped iced coffee drink made from equal parts of instant coffee granules, sugar and water.
The reason Dalgona Coffee can achieve that “whipped” effect comes from the combined properties in instant coffee and sugar. You can make Dalgona Coffee and use it in various recipes, like S'more Dalgona, as a cake icing or muffins frosting!
Dalgona Cheesecake in a Cup Recipe
- 2 tbsp instant Waka Coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 6 oz chocolate lotus cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub cool whip
1. Using a hand mixer mix the coffee, water and 2 tbsp sugar for 2 minutes or until it turns into a thick foam and set aside.
2. Mix room temperature cream cheese with vanilla extract and fold in the cool whip and last fold in the whipped coffee.
3. Crush lotus cookies and mix with 1 stick of melted butter.
4. Assemble in a cup first layer the lotus cookie mixture ,then top it off with cream cheese and continue until you reach desired layers. Top it off with whip cream and enjoy!