Dalgona Coffee Muffins With Dalgona Coffee Frosting
Dalgona Coffee is here to stay. Make these mesmerizing muffins with Dalgona Coffee inside the muffins AND on top of them. Yes, you read it right.
Dalgona Coffee, is a whipped iced coffee drink made from equal parts of instant coffee granules, sugar and water. It became famous during the 2020 COVID-19 quarantine as many people practiced social distancing at home. Coffee lovers shared their Dalgona Coffee success stories (and failures) on social media as the trend reached millions of shares on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram.
This delicious instant coffee mixture is perfect for iced coffee drinks, but also for cooking and cake frosting.
Dalgona Coffee Muffins With Dalgona Coffee Frosting Recipe
- 2 tbsp Waka Instant coffee
- 6 tbsp granulated coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 60 gr melted butter (half a stick)
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170 C/350 F
- In a bowl, mix the coffee, coconut sugar and hot water. Whip together using a hand mixer until a mouse-like consistency forms (see Dalgona Coffee for more information).
- In another bowl, mix well the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, folding to combine.
- Combine both mixtures and pour the final batter into a lightly oiled muffin pan (makes up about 6 muffins).
- Bake for 25-30 min or until browned and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool down.
While muffins are cooling down, make the Dalgona Coffee topping.
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Using an electric mixer, whip all ingredients together until it becomes a well combined frothed mixture, for about 4 minutes (Dalgona Coffee).
- Top the cooled down cupcakes with the whipped instant coffee mixture. Add toppings to your liking like white chocolate chips or marshmallows.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make Dalgona Coffee with Waka Instant Coffee. Get it here.