It's salty. It's sweet. It's the delicious salty caramel macchiato that we all know and love.
What is a Macchiato?
A caffè macchiato or espresso macchiato is an espresso coffee drink topped with a small amount of frothed milk. The literal translation of caffè macchiato is "stained” or “marked coffee." In this recipe, we will be substituting frothed milk for salted caramel syrup.
The caramel macchiato is not considered a standard Italian macchiato. It was actually created and popularized by large coffee chains in the United States. The caramel macchiato is much sweeter compared to the traditional version.
Salted Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- 1 scoop Quest MCT powder oil
- 1/2 or 1 tbsp sugar free salted caramel syrup
- 1 tsp Waka instant coffee
- Warm water
- Caramel drizzle (optional)
- Dissolve Waka instant coffee in 2 oz of warm water.
- In a separate cup, dissolve MCT powder oil and salted caramel syrup in 2 oz of warm water.
- Pour coffee mixture into a 5 oz cup.
- Add ice.
- Pour MCT and syrup mixture over the top.
- Drizzle caramel on top (optional).