How to Make Instant Thai Iced Coffee
It's the perfect combination between bold coffee flavor and sweet creaminess. In this blog post, you'll learn why Thai iced coffee is so good and how you can make it instantly.
What is Different About Thai Coffee?
Thai coffee is an iced drink commonly sold on the streets of Thailand. Unlike the typical lattes we're used to, Thai coffee uses sweetened condensed milk instead of normal or plant-based milk. This is because Thai coffee is usually made from Robusta beans. The strong, harsh flavor of the coffee pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the condensed milk. You'll definitely like this style if you like your coffee with a bold, yet creamy taste.
Instant Thai Iced Coffee Recipe
A lot of traditional Thai coffee recipes use spices like cardamom for the brewing process. However, to keep this recipe simple, we'll be using quality instant coffee instead. Because we are using instant made from 100% Arabica beans, you should adjust the portions and add more coffee granules if you want a stronger and more similar taste to Robusta.
- 2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee
- 2 cups of hot water
- 4 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh heavy cream
- In a large glass container, mix 2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee with 2 cups of hot water.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to taste and stir well.
- Then add ice and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, pour the coffee over ice.
- Top with fresh heavy cream or evaporated milk to taste.