Recipe: How to Make a Cappuccino at Home Without a Coffee Machine
Do you love the delicious taste of a frothy cappuccino but the coffee shop is closed? With this coffee hack you can make cappuccino at home without a coffee machine.
The cappuccino is an espresso-based drink originating in Italy. It first appeared in Europe during the 1930s, but the term “cappuccino” didn’t come about in coffeehouses until the 1950s. It is a rich tasting coffee drink that features the espresso taste, but toned down with milk.
At your local coffeeshop, it is usually made with 1 or 2 shots of espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 milk foam. Espresso is made by forcing extremely hot, almost boiling water, through compacted finely grounded coffee to extract. It is usually done using an espresso machine, but if you are craving for a cup of cappuccino and don't have a fancy machine follow this method.
Homemade instant coffee cappuccino without an espresso machine
- 1 packet of Waka Instant Coffee
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- Pour instant coffee into a cappuccino mug and add water
- Mix evenly with a spoon for 20 seconds until instant coffee is fully dissolved
- Add sugar and mix well until you get a light brown cream-like consistency
- Pour milk into a saucepan and whisk for about 2 minutes until it becomes frothy
- Bring to boil and immediately take off from the heat
- Carefully pour the hot and frothy milk into the mug, on top of the coffee mixture
- Mix with a spoon and enjoy