Yes, we are past 2020 but dalgona coffee is still here, and we love it! Make this delicious dalgona coffee recipe with condensed milk to elevate the flavor even more.
If you love your coffee on the sweet side, this recipe is exactly for you. This recipe takes the frothy taste of the whipped coffee, and combines it with the milkiness of the condensed milk for a delicious coffee drink.
What is dalgona coffee?
Dalgona coffee is a frothy coffee recipe known as whipped coffee in various places such as India, Pakistan and Macaou, but South Korea gave it its unique new nickname. The reason behind the name is its resemblance to the look of the South Korean old school toffee candy, dalgona (US readers - think of honeycomb).
How to make dalgona coffee with condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Waka instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp condensed milk + 1 tsp on top
- 3 oz milk
1) In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, coffee, and hot water.
2) Using a hand mixer or a whisk, vigorously whisk until the mixture turns silky smooth and shiny. Then continue whisking until it thickens and holds its lofty, foamy shape.
3) Fill ½ a glass with ice, add condensed milk and milk..
4) Dollop and swirl the whipped coffee mixture and more condensed milk on top. Mix before drinking, if desired. Enjoy!