Easy Coffee Jelly Recipe With Instant Coffee
Ever heard of coffee in jelly form? Here’s how you make this easy and sweet dessert using instant coffee.
What is coffee jelly?
Coffee jelly is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a soft jelly dessert that is made with gelatin, sugar, and instant coffee.
This sweet jelly is usually enjoyed with milk and milk tea. It can also be a great addition to other desserts such as shaved ice, ice cream, or even enjoyed by itself with whipped cream. You can also add it to your iced coffee to add dimension, texture, and flavor!
Coffee jelly is super simple, easy, and delicious. It only takes minutes to create!
Coffee Jelly with Milk Recipe
- 1 oz. gelatin
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups boiled water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- ½ cup sugar
- Your choice of milk, milk alternatives, or cream
- (e.g. condensed milk, creamer, whole milk, almond milk)
- Pot or kettle for boiling water
- Baking pan for cooling
- Bowl for mixing
- Add 3 cups of water to a pot on the stove or use a kettle. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, add in 1 cup cold water and add in 1 oz. of gelatin. Wait at least 1 minute for gelatin to form or follow instructions on the gelatin package.
- Once your water is boiling, add in 2 tbsp. of instant coffee and ½ cup sugar and stir.
- Add your brewed coffee into the gelatin and mix until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and refrigerate until firm (~2-3 hours).
- Cut the coffee jelly into cubes of your preference (usually 1 inch)
- Put coffee jelly into a cup and add in your milk (In this recipe, we used vanilla almond milk).