This recipe brings unity to the old coffee vs. tea battle. Mix them both for an elevated beverage you can make in seconds.
Yuanyang in Mandarin means "coffee with tea" and it's one of the most popular drinks in Hong Kong. The name Yuenyeung, also refers to mandarin ducks, which are a symbol of conjugal love in Chinese culture. These birds usually appear in pairs and the male and female look very different, just like tea and coffee.
Make Instant Yuanyang Latte
1. In a small bowl, pour 1 tsp of instant coffee and 1 tsp of instant tea.
2. Add 2 tbsp of hot water and stir until fully dissolved.
3. Transfer mixture into a cup of coffee.
4. Stir the sugar into the mixture.
5. Pour half of the hot milk in the cup.
6. Using a hand frother, froth remaining milk.
7. Separately, froth everything together (milk, coffee and tea) in the cup for a few seconds just to combine all ingredients.
8. Add the rest of the milk to the cup and spoon frothed milk on top.