Looking for an easy and refreshing iced tea recipe? Consider making it with quality instant tea and save the steeping time.
If you were to follow the traditional iced tea recipes you would have probably made it in one of these two methods.
1. Steep and cool (the hot brew method): includes steeping a tea bag until it's the strength you like. Then, the tea is cooled and transferred to a pitcher, covered and placed in refrigerate until cooled down.
2. The cold brewing method: includes slow steeping of loose tea in the refrigerate for 15 to 36 hours, until it's the strength you like. When ready to serve, the loose tea is strained with a fine-mesh sieve.
You could follow these steps and wait for the tea to steep first, and then cooled down. Or, you could use quality instant tea and simply mix the tea powder with cold water. No waiting, just add water and serve.
Here is one delicious recipe you can make, instantly.
Refreshing Instant Sparkling Mint Lime Iced Tea Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 cups):
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 tsp Waka instant tea (or more if you prefer a stronger brew)
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- Agave syrup as desired
- Crushed ice
- 1 cup carbonated sparkling water
- 4 half slices of lime
- Mix instant tea and cold. Stir until tea is fully dissolved.
- Into two tall glasses, add crushed ice, then pour tea to fill 3/4 of each glass.
- Add agave syrup as desired, 1-1/5 tsp lime juice in each glass and stir.
- Add 1/5 cup sparkling water to each glass and 1 lightly squeezed slice of lime. Gently stir all ingredients.
- Add 1 mint sprig in each glass and garnish with an additional slice of lime. Enjoy!