Seasonal Pumpkin Tiramisu Recipe Using Instant Coffee
For this Tiramisu recipe I used Waka Coffee quality instant coffee. The coffee tastes like, well, a cup of coffee from my favorite coffee shop – robust, whole and a bit bitter, just the way I like it.
My Tiramisu-inspired dessert has a similar layering as in the traditional recipe, but the cream is a bit different. I decided to skip the triple-cream treatment and use yogurt and pumpkin in the mascarpone mix to reduce the total fat, but keep the same smoothness. It cuts some of the sugar, and highlight the pumpkin’s natural sweetness!
I made mine to share as a family-style dessert, but you can use jars or individual plates as well. Enjoy!
Easy-to-make Seasonal Pumpkin Tiramisu Using Instant Coffee
Makes 6 servings.
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup of full-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 package of Waka Coffee, dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of Amaretto, Frangelico or coffee liquor
- 1 package of Ladyfingers cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, for sprinkling
- Mix yolks and sugar in a medium bowl and place over a pot of boiling water (bain marie). Whisk until mixture is thick and light yellow in color, about 8 minutes. Allow it to slightly cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone, yogurt, and pumpkin pure. Add in the mascarpone mixture and mix gently to combine the both. Do not over mix it, so the mascarpone won't break. Its high fat content makes it break easily.
- Almost done! In an additional bowl, mix the coffee and liquor. Dip the Ladyfingers cookies in the combined liquid. Be careful not to dip them for too long.
- Create a layer of the dipped cookies in a wide bowl. Spread the pumpkin-mascarpone cream over it, and sprinkle with cinnamon+cocoa mixture. Leave out at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.