Do your pastries need a little matcha in their life? You can make this delicious and easy instant matcha glaze to bring your favorite desserts to a whole new level.
You usually see glaze topped on donuts, but over the years we’ve seen it appear on just about every dessert you can think of. Muffins, croissants, cookies, cakes… you name it! There are various flavors that have emerged such as maple, chocolate, and even lemon. But matcha glaze has taken the hearts of dessert lovers everywhere because of its rich and smooth flavor.
What is instant matcha glaze?
Matcha is essentially tea leaves (Camellia Sinensis) that have been ground up into a fine powder. The flavor is earthy and velvety, creating a great contrast and balance for sweets. With instant matcha, you don’t have to whisk, steep, or brew; the matcha dissolves the moment it’s added with water. Instant matcha glaze is just taking your regular glaze and adding instant matcha to it!
How to make instant matcha glaze
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon instant matcha
- In a bowl, add in 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of instant matcha powder, and 2 tablespoons of water
- Whisk together all ingredients until dry ingredients are fully incorporated
- Slowly add in more water for desired consistency
- Drizzle on or dip your favorite dessert