This Horchata instant coffee recipe is the perfect combination of two best delicious beverages: horchata and coffee. Are you ready to try it?
Horchata is a traditional Mexican drink made up of white rice soaked in water. It's usually flavored with ground cinnamon and sweetened with granulated sugar.
The preparation method is pretty simple and requires mixing everything together in a blender, then straining the rice to remove solids and refrigerating.
You can make Horchata dairy free, with milk, or with milk alternatives (like our recipes). We mixed our instant coffee with the horchata blend to add the caffeine kick and coffee's flavor. The result is a delicious and creamy iced coffee latte.
If you are looking for a smooth creamy cold coffee, skip the old-school iced coffee and try something new and exotic, like Horchata Coffee!
Instant Horchata Latte Recipe
- 1 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 20 oz boiling water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Waka instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz vanilla-flavor unsweetened almond milk
1. Mix water and rice in a bowl. Cover well and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 10 to 24 hours.
2) Add the rice and its soaking water to a blender, along with the vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar and Waka instant coffee powder.
3) Blend mixture on high speed until nearly smooth, for about 2-3 minutes.
4) Strain the blended mixture into a storage container and add the almond milk.
5) Cover the container and keep the mixture overnight in the fridge.
6) When you’re ready to serve the horchata, whisk well and serve in coffee mugs. Sprinkle each serving with ground cinnamon.