Instant Coffee Baked Oats Recipe
Follow the viral trend and make this delicious baked oats recipe right now. You'll thank us later.
What are baked oats?
Baked oats began gaining popularity on TikTok, when young influencers started marketing the baked treat as a tastier way to eat oatmeal.
Oat flour has previously gained traction for its claimed health benefits, which include having antioxidants, protein and fiber.
The glory of multiple baked oats recipes is that making oat flour is as easy as blending up a cup or so of regular oatmeal! Once you make your own oat flour and add in the flavors you desire, the end with a product that can be as solid or as creamy as you’d like, and make for a perfect morning breakfast!
We decided to spice things up with instant coffee in our recipe!
Instant Coffee Baked Oates Recipe
For the “dough:”
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Waka Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup brewed coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup/sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the crumble:
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ tsp honey/maple syrup/sweetener
- Coconut flakes
- Raw sugar
- Caramel sauce
For the dough:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Take all your ingredients for the “dough” and place in a blender
3. Blend until smooth, liquid consistency
4. Pour your mixture into an oven-safe bowl or brownie sheet
For the crumble:
1. Mix all your ingredients for the crumble in a separate bowl, whisk with a fork until clumps form
2. Spread your crumble over your dough
3. Optional:If using, spread the coconut flakes and raw sugar over top of the crumble, before placing your dough in the oven.
Baking:1. Carefully place your baked oats into the oven, cook for about 30 mins, or until the top has crusted.
2. If using, let the baked oats slightly cool before drizzling your caramel sauce over top.