How to Make Iced Quick Brew Instant Coffee
If you want iced coffee without wanting to wait hours for it to chill, then this recipe is for you. This blog post will teach you how to make ice cold coffee instantly with instant coffee.
Can You Mix Instant Coffee with Cold Water?
Yes, of course! Instant coffee is basically just brewed coffee that has been dehydrated and had it's liquid content extracted. That's why all you need to do to make instant coffee is to add water. The dried, brewed coffee will dissolve and convert back to it's liquid form.
Overall, whether you use hot water or cold water does not matter. The only difference (besides temperature) is that using cold water will require a few seconds more to fully dissolve the instant coffee. However, some coffee experts claim that mixing instant powder or crystals in cold water first will help obtain a more flavorful cup of coffee. We typically recommend using hot water to ensure the instant coffee is thoroughly dissolved but for this recipe, we'll be using cold water.
Iced Quick Brew Instant Coffee Recipe
- 1-2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee
- 1 & 1/4 cup of cold water
- Creamer or milk of your choice (we used oat milk)
- In a cup, mix 1-2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee with 1 and 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Stir constantly and allow coffee crystals to fully dissolve.
- Add your creamer or milk of choice. (We used oat milk.)
- Add ice.