Coffee Recipe: How to Make Nutty Caramel Coffee Cake
It's crunchy, sweet, and caffeinated. What's not to love about this nutty caramel coffee cake?
What is Coffee Cake?
In the United States, coffee cake is actually a cake that's meant to be served alongside a cup of coffee. In other areas, coffee cake is a coffee-flavored cake.
Nutty Caramel Coffee Cake Recipe
In this recipe, we will be using instant coffee as an ingredient. So that means this coffee cake is actually a coffee-flavored cake and will contain caffeine. You can enjoy it by itself or with a cup of coffee.
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee
- 5 ounces of soft caramel candies
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate and melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the flour, salt, and instant coffee.
- Transfer to cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add caramel and heavy cream.
- Microwave until melted, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- While still hot, pour the caramel sauce and nuts onto the cake.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.