Delicious Instant Coffee Loaf Cake Recipe
This instant coffee loaf recipe is sweet and has a clear coffee taste without being overpowering and bitter. Best pairing with your favorite cup of joe.
We must warn you, once you make this coffee loaf, you will start making it on a regular basis. It is moist, delicious and easy to make. The best part is the coffee aroma in your house while baking it.
Have it as your breakfast snack or afternoon dessert. This delicious coffee loaf is a great addition throughout the day. If you want to save some slices for the rest of your week, feel free to freeze some slices in individual boxes or recyclable bags and defrost or heat when wanted.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons
- Waka instant coffee powder (one packet dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water)
- 1/3 cup milk Chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease or line with parchment a bread loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. In a separate cup, mix instant coffee and water until fully dissolved.
4. Add coffee, eggs, milk, vanilla extract into the bowl and combine into one batter. Beat for 1 minute. The batter may look a bit curdled at this point, but that's ok.
5. On low speed, beat in the flour, cacao powder and salt, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix. If adding, mix in chocolate chunks here.
6. Scrape batter into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
If the cake is browning too much while baking, cover the top loosely with aluminium foil. Remove from oven and let it cool.
Serve cake at room temperature and enjoy!