This instant coffee loaf recipe is sweet and has a clear coffee taste without being overpowering and bitter. Best pairing with your favorite cup of joe.
We must warn you, once you make this coffee loaf, you will start making it on a regular basis. It is moist, delicious and easy to make. The best part is the coffee aroma in your house while baking it.
Have it as your breakfast snack or afternoon dessert. This delicious coffee loaf is a great addition throughout the day. If you want to save some slices for the rest of your week, feel free to freeze some slices in individual boxes or recyclable bags and defrost or heat when wanted.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons
- Waka instant coffee powder (one packet dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water)
- 1/3 cup milk Chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease or line with parchment a bread loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Occasionally scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
3. Mix coffee and milk in a small bowl and mix into the batter. Beat for 1 minute. The batter may look a bit curdled at this point, but that's ok.
4. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix. If adding, mix in chocolate chunks here.
5. Add enough to personal preference-- we recommend dark chocolate! Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
If the cake is browning too much while baking, cover the top loosely with aluminium foil. Remove from oven and let it cool.
Serve cake at room temperature and enjoy!