Looking for a delicious and nutritious morning treat but have no time to make it? Make these easy coffee overnight oats and start your day right.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are a quick and easy meal made by soaking rolled oats in liquid, such as milk or coffee, overnight. You can heat up your overnight oats if you prefer or eat cold straight from the fridge.
Why chia seeds in your overnight oats?
Chia seeds are a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids that cannot be made by the body.
According to WebMD, 1 oz of chia seeds (about 2 tablespoons) contains 138 calories, 10 grams of fiber, 9 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein, as well as 17 percent of your daily calcium needs, 12 percent of your iron and 23 percent of your magnesium.
Adding chia seeds to your coffee overnight oats meal will contribute to its flavor, consistency and nutritional benefits.
What is instant coffee?
Instant coffee is a dissolvable coffee drink. It is made from brewed coffee that was converted into granulated coffee by extracting the liquid of the coffee bean. This can be done in two ways: spray drying or freeze drying. The instant coffee granules are easily dissolved when mixed with water or milk, which create a great cup of coffee or coffee flavored meals, instantly.
How to Make Coffee Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz oat milk
- 2 tsp Waka instant coffee
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
1. In a mason jar, add rolled oats, chia seeds, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cocoa powder and pinch of salt.
2. In a bowl, mix instant coffee with oat milk. Pour mixture on top of oats. Stir all ingredients together.
3. Cover mason jar/s and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
4. Grab a mason jar from the fridge and enjoy! Feel free to add more milk or any additional toppings.
Coffee Overnight Oats video