Make a Café Mocha at Home Without an Espresso Machine
Obsessed with the coffee shop style café mocha? Make your own delicious version at home with quality instant coffee.
What is café mocha?
A café mocha is a chocolate flavored variant of a café latte, or simply a hot chocolate with shots of coffee in it.
The coffee shop version is made up of espresso, milk, and chocolate. Unlike other coffee drinks, the mocha is a lot sweeter in taste and can be great for those who have a sweet tooth or enjoy a good dose of sugar.
Don't want to wait in a line to get it at your local coffee shop? Make it yourself at home with instant coffee.
Make Café Mocha at Home Without an Espresso Machine
- 1 packet of Waka Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup whole milk
- Mix coffee, sugar, and cocoa powder in a latte mug
- Add hot water and mix everything with a spoon until all ingredients are fully dissolved into one mixture
- In a saucepan, heat up the milk on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Take it off the heat when it starts to simmer so it won't reach boiling
- Pour the hot milk into a clean and heat-resistant mason jar. Make sure you close the lid very tight to avoid any spills, and that the jar is not too hot to hold. Be very careful before you proceed to the next step.
- Carefully and safely shake the bottle for 15-20 seconds, away from your body, until the milk becomes frothy
- Slowly pour frothy milk into the mug on top of the coffee mixture