Making a Brazilian Coffee With Instant Coffee at Home
Doesn’t a Brazilian iced coffee sound exotic and intriguing? Although it may sound fancy and foreign, Brazilian coffee is actually really simple and easy to make in the comfort of your own home.
**Read this only if you are 21 or more.**
First, let’s dive a little bit deeper into its history and how it came about.
What is Brazilian coffee?
Brazilian coffee tastes just as delicious as it sounds - maybe even better. Brazilian coffee is simply just a Brazilian twist on iced coffee. It is extremely nutty, flavorful, creamy, and just absolutely delicious!
Some may even offer a nice, bittersweet taste that has a hint of chocolate running through it. The fun and surprising spin on Brazilian coffee is that it also has some alcohol incorporated into it, which really gives you a kick of flavor and energy.
The history behind Brazilian coffee
Legend has it that the coffee bean first arrived in Brazil sometime in the 1700s. By 1820, coffee plantations began to flourish and spread widely across the country. Brazil is also home to one of the most popular coffee beans in the world: the Arabica bean.
Although there is no specific history laid out behind the sweet and delicious iced Brazilian coffee, it can be assumed that as coffee continued to grow in popularity, more coffee ideas arose as well. Thus, Brazilian coffee was created and is still popular to this day.
How to Make Brazilian Iced Coffee at Home with Instant Coffee
- 1-2 packets of Waka instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 tbsp rum or brandy
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Mix instant coffee with hot water and stir until everything is dissolved
- Mix all the ingredients except the ice into a large cup or shaker and shake vigorously until everything is combined
- Pour the drink out from the shaker into a nice glass with some ice
- Optional: Sprinkle a little bit of cacao powder on top and enjoy!