Best Coffee Cake Recipe Using Instant Coffee
Instant coffee is great for making coffee when you need your cup of joe, but also for baking. We give you the best instant coffee cake recipe you can find on the web! tested and tasted by our team. It is so easy to make, and so delicious to eat.
Let's start with some history -- the first coffee cakes are thought to have baked first in Germany. These were more like sweet breads rather than cakes and included other sweet ingredients, such as fruits and nuts. According to the book Listening to America by Stuart Berg Flexner, it wasn’t until 1879 that the term “coffee cake” became a common term.
Coffee cake is intended to be eaten with, or flavored with, coffee. This delicious cake format is celebrated on April 7th of every year during National Coffee Cake Day.
Invite your friends and start baking because this recipe will yield 9 pieces of coffee cake that you should definitely share with others!
Instant Coffee Cake recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a big bowl, mix together the sugar, coffee granules, and cinnamon for a minute or two until all combined together into a batter. Add one egg and the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
3. In additional bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
--- Don't forget to sip some quality instant coffee while you are baking this cake! ---
4. Add the ingredients from the second bowl into the larger bowl. Pour in the milk and mix it all together until blended and you have a thick batter.
5. Pour the batter into oiled 8" baking pan. Sprinkle more brown sugar on top and create swirls with a fork.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Wait for it to cool a bit and cut into 9 pieces. Enjoy!
Share your coffee cake picture with us via #instantisback for a chance to be featured on our accounts.
Try the best tasting instant coffee here.