How to Make Iced Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte
Instant iced coffee is the quickest delicious summer refresher. This is how you can upgrade your instant iced coffee with lavender and oat milk.
This recipe doesn't require any fancy espresso machines. All you need are easy to make ingredients you can actually find at your home, or order online.
Why Instant Coffee?
Instant coffee can be used to make a variety of hand-crafted coffee beverages right at home. Instant coffee, if done right, can completely transform your home coffee routine. With instant coffee, there’s little to no prep work (besides boiling water), hardly any cleanup, and it’s more sustainable (no more paper cups, plastic pods, etc.). In addition, instant coffee is also incredibly versatile in terms of the recipes you can use it for, just like this instant iced coffee.
Instant Iced Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte Recipe
Iced Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte
- 1 tbsp honey lavender syrup
- ¾ cup barista blend oat milk (or milk of your choosing)
- 2 tsp Waka instant coffee
- ¼ cup boiling water
Honey Lavender Syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp culinary-grade lavender flowers (dried)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Honey Lavender Syrup
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the 1/2 cup of water along with the lavender flowers. Bring to a gentle boil, and then reduce the heat to medium low.
2. Add the honey and sugar to the saucepan (still over medium low heat), and whisk until the honey and sugar have completely dissolved. Allow the mixture to stay on the stove over medium low heat for about 2 to 3 more minutes (after the sugar and honey have dissolved). Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the lavender flowers. Store in a small glass jar in the fridge until ready to use.
Instant Iced Honey Lavender Latte
3. Place your instant coffee in a small glass. Pour the boiling water over the instant coffee granules and stir until completely dissolved. Next, stir in the honey lavender syrup until completely dissolved. Set aside.
Note: This will not be the glass you serve your drink in. You will need to get a separate glass filled with ice for serving.
Optional Step for Frothing Oat Milk (If skipping, proceed to Step 5)
4. Pour your oat milk into a tall glass, leaving about two to three inches above the milk so the foam has room to grow. Using an electric frother, froth the milk for about 30 to 45 seconds until your desired texture has been reached. Start with the frother completely submerged into the milk, then after about 15 seconds, slowly bring it up just beneath the milk's surface to create more froth.
5. Pour the oat milk (frothed or not) into your serving glass. Add the espresso & honey lavender syrup mixture next and stir. Add more honey lavender syrup to taste. Garnish with one or two dried or fresh lavender sprigs. Enjoy!