If coffee is your favorite flavor, you are probably looking for more ways to get the delicious coffee flavor during the day. What is a better way than in a homemade ice cream?
Elevate Your Ice Cream Using Instant Coffee
If you’re a fan of the flavor of coffee, then one great way to create that flavor in your drinks and desserts is with instant coffee crystals. Feel free to incorporate coffee into your chilled drinks by using instant coffee in ice cream milkshake or coffee granitas. Not only do you get a drink or dessert to cool your body down, but the caffeine in coffee along with the sugar will work together to help keep you awake and active for the day. These are also super easy drinks to make. All you need to do is to blend the instant coffee granules along with the ice cream when you make the coffee milkshake, or mix the ready instant coffee with sugar in a granita.
As ice cream topping:
Another way you can incorporate instant coffee into your ice cream is by using it as a topping! If you love the taste of coffee, but prefer scoops of ice cream instead of a milkshake, then this is a great option for you. Even easier to make compared to the milkshake or granita, all you need to do is to sprinkle a bit of the instant coffee crystals on top of your already scooped ice cream. Give it a few seconds to dissolve with the melting ice cream and enjoy. This is a great post-meal or midday pick me up and can help elevate plain ice cream flavors, like vanilla.
Ice cream in your coffee:
Another great way to combine coffee and ice cream is by adding ice cream into your coffee. Contrary to ice-cream-based drinks, here the coffee is the star and ice cream is the addition. Make a cup of hot and delicious coffee and dump in a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Feel free to make your coffee as espresso, Americano, or of course our delicious instant coffee.
Recipe: Coffee Ice Cream With Instant Coffee
If you like the idea of incorporating instant coffee in your ice cream, then you can also make your own coffee ice cream right at home using instant coffee! This recipe uses instant coffee to create the coffee flavor in the ice cream rather than just adding it on top as a flavor. Making it with an instant coffee powder will save you valuable time and give it a more intense coffee flavor as the dissolvable granules will deepen the taste.
- 2-3 tbsp. Waka Coffee’s instant coffee
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Finely chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Pour 2-3 tbsp. Waka Coffee’s instant coffee and 2 cups of heavy cream into a bowl.
- Mix together until the instant coffee is dissolved and the heavy cream forms stiff peaks (meaning when you lift your whisk or beater, the cream peaks stand straight and holds its shape).
- In a separate bowl, combine one can of condensed milk with 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take the whipped cream and gently fold it into the condensed milk and vanilla extract mixture until both mixtures are incorporated.
- If desired, fold in some finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Place into freezer for 6 hours.
- Once frozen, scoop and enjoy!
Looking for instant coffee for your ice cream? Get it here.