Instant Affogato Coffee Recipe
Is there a better combination than ice cream and coffee? Make this delicious creamy coffee beverage instantly.
The word “Affogato” translates in Italian to “drowned,” which is perfectly fitting for this ice cream and coffee dessert. The dessert originated in Italy and is usually served after lunch or dinner. The Affogato is a modern creation but incorporates two old loves; coffee and ice cream.
How to Make Instant Affogato Coffee?
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp Waka Instant Coffee
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Optional: finely shaved chocolate
1. Combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix together using a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Make the coffee: mix 1 tbsp instant Waka Coffee with ½ cup of boiling water.
3. Place 2 scoops of ice cream into 2 glasses (divided equally). Make sure the ice cream is very cold.
4. Pour half of the coffee mixture over each serving.
5. Top with the previously made whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings (optional).
Serve immediately and enjoy!