How to Make Instant Coffee Kopi Jahe
Kopi Jahe is one of the most popular beverages in Indonesia. In this blog post, you will learn what Kopi Jahe is and how to make it.
What is Kopi Jahe?
Kopi Jahe is an Indonesian type of coffee that incorporates ginger in the drink. It literally translates to "ginger coffee" or "ginger with black coffee." Besides ginger, coconut milk and sugar are sometimes added to give it an extra layer of sweetness and creaminess.
The drink is claimed to be healthy and beneficial to the body as it combines antioxidants from coffee with the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger. In fact, some Indonesians even claim that Kopi Jahe is the best medicine for the common cold.
Instant Coffee Kopi Jahe Recipe
This recipe makes three servings.
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 4 pods of cardamom
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 cup of water
- 3 tbsp of Waka instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of palm sugar
- Coconut milk to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Remove skin from ginger and slice into thin rounds.
- Beat the lemongrass and cut into thin rounds.
- Smash the cardamom pods and break your cinnamon stick in half.
- Add 4 cups of water.
- Once it gets to a boil, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add instant coffee and palm sugar into the mixture and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to a glass and top with mixture.