How to Make Iced Dark Chocolate Mocha
If your mocha doesn't have dark chocolate or whipped cream, then is it really a mocha? In this blog post, you will learn how to make a simple, yet delicious iced mocha.
What is Mocha?
First, what is mocha? A caffè mocha, or mocaccino, is basically a chocolate flavored version of a latte. Sometimes it could even be hot chocolate with shots of espresso in it. It's a drink typically made up of coffee, milk, and chocolate. It includes one or two shots of espresso and is traditionally topped with milk foam, just like a latte. Unlike other coffee drinks, mocha is a lot sweeter and more chocolatey.
Depending on how it's made, a mocha can have chocolate syrup, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate. Toppings are also very customizable. Many like to replace the milk foam on top with whipped cream for a sweeter taste. Some mochas can also have chocolate shavings or cinnamon added on top for extra decoration and flavor. This mocha recipe uses dark chocolate and tops it off with cocoa powder and whipped cream.
Iced Dark Chocolate Mocha Recipe
- 1-2 tsp of Waka instant coffee
- 2 or more pieces of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a cup, mix 1-2 tsp of Waka instant coffee with 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to the cup of instant coffee.
- Add your desired amount of dark chocolate.
- Pour ice into another cup.
- Pour the mixture over the ice.
- Top with cocoa powder or whipped cream (optional).