Vegan Instant Coffee Mocha Recipe
Mocha is an espresso-based drink served at specialty cafes made with chocolate powder and hot milk, but what if you could make a better for you version at home using instant coffee?
It is believed Mocha Coffee was originally named after the “mocha bean,” which is a type of coffee bean shipped from the port of Al Mokka in Yemen. Mocha beans have a natural chocolate flavor, but because most of the mochas you drink at coffee shops in the US are not made from the original mocha beans chocolate powder is added to the drink.
Making mocha at home can sometimes be not the best healthy coffee option for you, as it is made with chocolate, sugar and foamed milk. In our recipe we tried to make it as healthy and delicious as possible. We substituted some of the ingredients and made it with our Colombian quality instant coffee.
Instant Coffee Mocha Recipe
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 tbsp Waka Quality Instant Coffee
- 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar 1 tbsp cold water
- 200 ml almond milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Add instant coffee, coconut sugar and cold water into a mug
- Using a spoon, mix for about 10 minutes until creamy
- At the same time, heat the almond milk in a saucepan until foaming
- Add a spoon from the cream into 2 toll latte mugs
- Pour half of the milk into each mug
- Add another spoon of the cream on top of each of the drinks
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, creating your favorite shape