How to Make an Instant Coffee Body Scrub
Looking for a unique, relaxing and affordable present? Learn how to make a body scrub with your favorite scene -- coffee.
Body scrubs are a way of treating your body, similar to facial. It's an exfoliating cosmetic process which also cleanses your skin. It exfoliates and hydrates your skin, leaving it healthy smooth and soft.
Adding coffee to your DIY body scrub can provide additional benefits that go beyond what a bar of regular soap can do. The antioxidants found in coffee make your scrub also anti-inflammatory; which of course, help counter any irritation or swelling that might happen while or after using the scrub.
In a 1978 research from the University of Tennessee, researchers found that adding caffeine to anti-inflammatory creams can significantly increase their effectiveness. The caffeine in coffee helps to draw out excess moisture in the skin, leaving your skin brighter and smoother. It helps removing dead skin cells and exposing fresh and soft skin.
Caffeine even might help you get rid of cellulite. In a research about specific cosmetic cream containing caffeine, it was reported a reduced cellulite and circumference. Worth noting that it also indicates that additional large clinical trials are required.
Spiced Instant Coffee Sugar Body Scrub Recipe
- 2 cups of instant coffee granules
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix instant coffee, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl
- Now, add your vanilla extract along with your coconut oil and mix until everything has blended into a single consistency.
- Lastly, be sure to store your scrub in a tightly sealed container and store it in a dry spot at room temperature. It should stay fresh and safe to use like this, for a week. If you would like to prolong the shelf life of your scrub, all you need do is keep it stored in the refrigerator and that’ll add another week to your use!
Try our delicious instant coffee here.