The flavor is mild and smooth. The caffeine kick from the light roast is awesome! Overall the best light roast instant coffee I have found anywhere!!
- Quality instant coffee: light roast premium instant coffee, made with 100% Arabica coffee beans from Ethiopia.
- Advanced technology: real coffee beans without additives that were perfectly freeze-dried to preserve the aroma and flavor.
- Delicious flavor: light-bodied with floral notes and hints of caramel and brown sugar. Enjoy at home, office or on-the-go. No sugar or sweeteners are added.
- On your terms: make one cup at a time anytime and anywhere. Just add water, stir and enjoy. No coffee maker needed. This 8 oz bag includes about 80 servings of our recommended amount of instant coffee per mug (1.5-2 tsp).
Sustainably packaged in the U.S.: this bag is made with post-consumer recycled content.
Pour 1½-2 tsp of coffee into a cup. Add 8-10 fl oz of water, stir and enjoy. Adjust the amount of water to make your coffee stronger or weaker based on your preferences. Add milk and sugar to liking. Visit our How to Brew page to learn more.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Q: What is the caffeine content of Waka products?
- Light roast (Ethiopian): approximately 70 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 30 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Medium roast (Colombian, Papua New Guinean, flavored): approximately 60 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 25 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Dark roast (Ethiopian): approximately 80 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 35 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Decaf (Colombian): approximately 4 mg of caffeine per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 1.5 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Green instant tea (flavored and unflavored): approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Black instant tea: approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Japanese matcha: approximately 40 mg per 1/2 tsp of unsifted matcha powder (1.26 grams).
Q: When does Waka instant coffee or tea expire?
When sealed (in our bags or other sealed containers) and stored at room temperature and in dry conditions, our coffees can last up to two years, our teas up to three years, and our matcha up to a year. All of our products are marked with the exact "best by" date based on their packaging date.
For more frequently asked questions, click here.
Best light roast instant coffee!
Light and smooth
This is the first time we tried the light roast Ethiopian and we love it! It is so light and smooth. Not bitter at all!
I love this instant coffee!
It mixes well and completely desolves. I can use small amounts of coffee and get great taste. This is definitely my go-to coffee now.
Actually not gross instant coffee!
It’s delicious, actually.