Premium tea leaves: made of 100% single origin premium ground green tea leaves from Japan. Only half a tsp of matcha powder is needed to make a delicious cup of hot or iced matcha. Matcha powder needs to be sifted and whisked. If you are looking for a dissolvable green tea, please check out our green tea powder.
Delicious taste: our matcha powder is unsweetened and made without the use of artificial colors, solvents, or fillers throughout the manufacturing process. Contains only one ingredient: quality ground green tea leaves.
Good for drinking and baking: our culinary grade matcha is great for making matcha lattes or as an addition in smoothies and baked goods. Mix it with milk, milk substitutes or sugar. It’s an affordable solution for easy homemade matcha lattes.
Saves well: our matcha is packaged in a resealable bag with a convenient zipper to save your matcha when stored. Includes about 75 servings of our recommended amount of instant tea per mug (1/2 tsp). Packaged in California.
How to make
Sift ½ - 1 tsp of matcha into a cup. Add 2 fl oz of hot water and whisk. Top with additional 6-8 fl oz of water or milk and enjoy hot or iced.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Q: What is the caffeine content of Waka products?
- Light roast (Ethiopian): approximately 70 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 30 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Medium roast (Colombian, Papua New Guinean, flavored): approximately 60 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 25 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Dark roast (Ethiopian): approximately 80 mg per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 35 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Decaf (Colombian): approximately 4 mg of caffeine per packet (about 2.82 grams), or about 1.5 mg in 1 tsp of coffee (about 1.18 grams).
- Green instant tea (flavored and unflavored): approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Black instant tea: approximately 30-35 mg per 1/4 tsp of tea powder (0.63 grams).
- Japanese matcha: approximately 40 mg per 1/2 tsp of unsifted matcha powder (1.26 grams).
Q: When does Waka instant coffee or tea expire?
When sealed (in our bags or other sealed containers) and stored at room temperature and in dry conditions, our coffees can last up to two years, our teas up to three years, and our matcha up to a year. All of our products are marked with the exact "best by" date based on their packaging date.