It's a sunset in a cup! Learn how to make this colorful loaded tea recipe that's packed with supplements and vitamins.
What is Loaded Tea?
Loaded tea, also known as boosted tea, is a drink made up of tea, caffeine additives, supplements, and vitamins. As the name implies, it is meant to be loaded with ingredients that can deliver claimed health benefits like enhanced performance and mental clarity or boost metabolism and hunger suppression.
In recent years, loaded teas have become increasingly popular on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok. With how visually appealing they are, it is no surprise why these "energy drinks" are a big trend these days.
While many recipes call for a specific tea concentrate, there are many different ways to make your loaded tea. We'll be using Waka's instant tea powder.
Mexican Sunset Loaded Tea Recipe
This loaded tea recipe is called the "Mexican Sunset" because the drink looks like a sunset and features the Mexican seasoning, Tajín.
- 1 tsp of 4C Energy Rush (Citrus)
- 1/4 tsp of Waka black tea powder
- 1/4 tsp of pineapple drink mix
- 1/2 tsp of limeade drink mix
- 1/2 tsp of cherry drink mix
- 2 fl oz of cold regular aloe vera juice
- Dissolve 4C Energy Rush, Waka black tea powder, pineapple drink mix, and limeade drink mix in 6 fl oz of hot water.
- Pour into bottom of cup.
- Pack cup with ice.
- Pour cold aloe vera juice over ice into cup.
- Mix cherry drink mix with 8 fl oz of cold water; add mixture into cup with other ingredients.
- Sprinkle Tajín on top.